Burning the candle at both ends? Our SKINtellectuals have some silly season survival tips.
It might be the most wonderful time of the year, but the festive season is also the time when we may drink too much, not eat that well (or too much!) and may be stressed or not get enough rest. So, what can you do to minimise the toll and make sure you still look great?
Our Harley Street Emporium skin guru’s have some suggestions!
1. Aesthetic guru Dr Rupert Critchey says make every second drink a glass of water, and if you feel like you need a boost mix a teaspoon of matcha green tea powder into you’re G&T – that’ll give it a great Christmas colour and give you an extra burst of antioxidants to soak up all those free radicals.
2. Consultant Dermatologist Dr Penelope Tympanidis concurs saying adding some fruit juices to your drinks can help boost those antioxidants too.
3. Dr Adam Friedmann says try to get some sleep – it’s important for skin rejuvenation.
4. eat well with plenty of fruit and veggies and have a night off the booze every so often. This is particularly important for people with inflammatory conditions like rosacea, eczema, psoriasis and acne Dr Friedmann adds.
5. For puffy eyes after a big night out she says a cold chamomile teabag could do the trick. Allow the bag to cool and place on your eyes for around ten minutes to help brighten up.
6. Consultant Dermatologist Dr Anjali Mahto says a hydrating eye mask with hyaluronic acid or other active ingredients like vitamin C and E can help plump and brighten too.
7. Get some exercise – Dr Critchley says this can help with de-stressing and improve your skin.
8. Even though it’s winter, wear your sunscreen everyday – says aesthetics master Dr Christine Or.
9. Cleanse well, exfoliate and make sure you take your make up off every night, she says.
10. And, finally – Enjoy! (says everyone!)